HP P7-1490 review
View HP P7-1490 review, make an informed decision.
HP recently launched their new PC, HP Pavilion P7-1490 Desktop. As per HP, the desktop HP P7-1490 was specifically designed for PC users who need a performance oriented desktop computing. So what makes this PC so powerful? Here’s a review of the HP P7-1490 based on different parameters.
HP P7 is powered by a 6 GB DDR3 RAM and a 3.6 GHz A-Series Dual-Core A6-5400K dual core processor. While we take some time and dig in to the review, here’s an interesting fact about DDR3 RAMs. These RAMs are twice as powerful as other normal SDRAMs. In fact, computer manufacturers started using the DDR3 RAMs only in 2007. So, if you are using a desktop or a laptop that was manufactured before 2007, chances are that you are indeed using a computer that is slower than the HP P7-1490. However, RAM is only one part of the performance-puzzle. The HP P7-1490 is able to generate great performance due to its powerful 3.6 Giga Hertz AMD A6 Processor. This means that the processor has an ability to perform 3,600,000,000 steps per second.
For most people, these figures may mean nothing. What matters to customers is speed and performance. The HP P7-1490 delivers well on these parameters. This is an ideal PC for people who want to use computers for both fun and serious work. This PC can easily handle all your home-office tasks and will serve as an entertainment center. Currently, this PC is getting a lot of attention from graphics designers. This PC has a special feature called HP Multi-Display – what this means is that users can attach and work on two monitors at a time. This may seem like a crazy idea for some, but its actually a pretty cool feature for people who work on multiple software applications at a time or work on image editing software.
Storage & Memory
HP P7-1490 provides an impressive storage space of 1 TB, which is usually enough to store about 200,000 photographs of 5 MB photos or hundreds of movies. The 6 GB DDR RAM is good enough to handle any kind of RAM intensive applications.
• The HP Connected remote will allow users to play multimedia – like videos and music using a Smartphone or a tablet PC
• Comes with easy to use software with which users can synch photos between tablet PCs and the HP P7-1490.
• A 15-in-1 digital media reader allows you to transfer pictures, movies and other data from your memory card to the PC, which means you no longer need those memory card readers
• The high quality audio drivers ensure state of the art audio experience
• High performance DVD burner that can be used to burn your own DVDs
• It has 4 USB 2.0 ports and 2 USB 3.0 ports, which can handle all kinds of USB enabled devices
Overall, the HP P7-1490 is a delight for PC lovers. It comes pre-installed with Windows 8 OS, which means that you don’t have to spend any money on OS software. The dimensions of this computer are ideal for both home and office – its neither too large or too small. For less than $500, this PC is great value for money.
If you like HP P7-1490 review, share it with your friends.
Like this post? Subscribe to my RSS feed and get loads more!